- TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This is a legal binding agreement between a course attendant (Licensee) and the Academy of Aviation being the training provider (Licensor).
- THE PRODUCT – A DESCRIPTION All our training courses (products) are tailor made to be accepted in the aviation industry worldwide. The training boosts a broad choice job opportunities in aviation and meet all the standards and requirements of the South African Civil Aviation Authority.
We reserve the right to change the course content of any training course at any time and without notice due to various reasons for example new legislation requirements.
Licensees are required to attend the training at The Academy of Aviation’s premises at Cradle Moon Conservatory; Beyers Naude Road; Muldersdrif; Zwartkop A/H Mogale City; 1747 Johannesburg; Gauteng; South Africa.
All training are conducted by qualified instructors which are approved and registered at the South African Civil Aviation Authority.
Accommodation is available on the premises. It is dormitory style like at a university. Ladies and Gents do not share accommodation. They have separate dormitories. Accommodation fees is not included in the course fee.
There is a catering kitchen available on the premises, with prepared meals at a extra cost.
Any combination of the above services are created for your own requirements.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the Training Materials and the Documentation anywhere in the world belong to the Licensor, that rights in the Training Materials and the Documentation are licensed (not sold) to you, and that you have no rights in, or to, the Training Materials or the Documentation other than the right to use them in accordance with the terms of this Licence.
- COURSE DURATION The Civil Aviation Authority has designed one (1) training day to be the equivalent of 8 hours. Therefore licensee will generally be present for learning between the hours of 08H00 and 17H00 as is stipulated by the institution as being normal training hours.
Training will resume during week days from Mondays to Fridays. Training can be conducted on a weekend or on a public holiday due to availability of training equipment/Instructors.
- TERMS OF PAYMENT Payments can be made:
- Via our website at: https://www.theacademyofaviation.co.za/shop/ ; or
- directly into our bank account either by EFT; or
- by physically depositing money into our bank account at the bank.
- by Card Facilities at The Academy of Aviation premises or Cash
Receipts for payment will therefore be provided in electronic format.
We take reasonable measures to ensure that our website is a secure site. Please see the terms and conditions of use of our website concerning access to it and use of the facilities on it. We take all necessary steps to ensure that any information provided by you for the purposes of payment will be kept secure.
Some courses require a R500 non-refundable registration fee.
A 50% deposit is required which must be paid 10 days prior to class commencement.
The other remaining 50% is required before the Civil Aviation Authority examination is written or before the necessary competency certificate can be issued.
Invoices payment terms are 30 days from date of invoice or at least 10 working days before the start of the course, whichever is sooner.
If any information that you have given to us proves to be incorrect, which has resulted in our not charging you the correct fee for the courses that you are buying, we reserve the right to adjust the fee (upwards or downwards) so that it is the correct fee for your circumstances.
- COURSE CANCELLATION Delegates may transfer their registration for one course to another course up to 14 working days prior to the original course date. There will be a 20% admin fee.
If you cancel a Training Course: – all cancellations must be made no later than 14 working days before the start of relevant Training Course. We will only accept cancellations that are made in writing. If a delegate fails to attend a Training Course, or a cancellation is sought within the 14 working days prior to the start of such course, full payment will be required. Inform us immediately if you have to re-schedule or cancel the booking so that we can inform the caterers and conference venue if applicable. Else this will be for your account.
In the event of cancellation, a cancellation fee will apply, as set out below:
a. 20 working days before the event start date 20%
b. 14 working days before the event start date 50%
c. 10 working days before the event start date 100%
Should you have started and not finished the course at any given time/day the course fees is not refundable.
Refund Policy: if the refund is approved by the Licensor (The Academy of Aviation), it will be made through the original mode of payment only. Only one transfer by any delegate may be made.
If we (The Academy of Aviation), cancel a Training Course, or change course content: – we reserve the right to cancel a Training Course at any time, without incurring any additional liability to the Licensor or any delegate. In such circumstances, we will offer alternative dates, a full refund or a credit note.
- TRAINING PROVIDER RULES, REGULATION AND PROCEDURES The Licensee agrees to abide by the Licensor’s work rules, procedures, regulations and standards as amended from time to time.
6.1 The Licensor’s Code of Conduct will be applicable and provided to the Licensee.
Any transgressions occurred will be issued an applicable sanction and a monetary fine. Due to the strict regulations within the aviation industry, transgressions of any kind will be held in a serious light, to ensure safety for all students attending our courses.
7.1 With regard to any materials that the Licensee may produce to the Licensor during a Training Course pursuant to the curriculum of that Training Course (the “Projects”),
The Licensor shall: •keep confidential all know-how, including commercial and financial information, that is of a confidential nature, disclosed by the Licensee to the Licensor in a Project; •not publish Projects without the express prior written consent of the Licensee; and •disclose know-how, and any other confidential information in Projects, only to those persons necessary for the purposes of the relevant Training Course and only to the extent necessary for the proper performance of their duties.
7.2 The Licensor shall procure that the obligations in clause 6.1 are observed by its employees, officers and agents.
7.3 The Licensor shall notify the Licensee immediately if it becomes aware of any disclosure in breach of the obligations in this clause 6. At the request of the Licensee, the Licensor will take all such steps as are necessary to prevent further disclosure.
7.4 The provisions of this clause 6 shall not apply to:
any Project that is required to be disclosed to any third party pursuant to the curriculum of the Training Course in which it was produced and the Licensee was aware of this requirement at the time of presenting the Project to the Licensor;
any information which is in the public domain at the date of the presentation of the Project to the Licensor, or which subsequently comes into the public domain other than by breach of this clause 6; or
any information already in the possession of the Licensor at the date of presentation of the Project, other than under an obligation of confidentiality; or
any information obtained without any obligation of confidence from a third party that is not in breach of this Clause 6.
7.5 The provisions of this clause 6 shall be deemed effective from the date first presentation of a Project was made to the Licensor and shall remain in full force and effect for 10 years from that date.
- LICENSOR’S LIABILITY Nothing in this Licence shall exclude or in any way limit the Licensor’s liability for fraud, or for death or personal injury caused by its negligence, or any other liability to the extent that it may not be excluded or limited as a matter of law.
The Licensor shall not be liable under, or in connection with, this Licence or any collateral contract for:
- loss of income;
- loss of business profits or contracts;
- business interruption;
- loss of the use of money or anticipated savings;
- loss of information;
- loss of opportunity, goodwill or reputation;
- loss of, damage to or corruption of data; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise;
- except for matters caused by the Licensor’s negligence or wilful default (or that of its employees and agents), the Licensor shall not be liable to you for any loss, harm or damage caused to any candidate, candidate’s property or your premises for any courses conducted by the Licensor on your premises.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Licensor against all cost or losses suffered or incurred by the Licensor due to claims, demands, suits, proceedings, actions, losses, judgments, damages, costs (including all reasonable legal fees), expenses, fines or penalties or actions against the Licensor arising out of or relating to a third party’s any alleged harm, loss or damage caused to a candidate’s person, property, or to your premises on which the course relevant to such candidate takes place, due to any cause other than the Licensor’s negligence or wilful default (or that of its employees and agents).
Subject to what is provided above, the Licensor’s maximum aggregate liability under or in connection with this Licence, or any collateral contract, whether in contract, tort (a wrongful act or an infringement of a right, including negligence) or otherwise, shall be limited to a sum equal to R10 000.00.
The Licensor’s liability for infringement of third-party intellectual property rights shall be limited to breaches of rights subsisting in South Africa.
These terms set out the full extent of the Licensor’s obligations and liabilities in respect of the supply of the Training Courses, Training Materials and Documentation. In particular, there are no conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, express or implied, that are binding on the Licensor except as specifically stated in this Licence.
- EVENTS OUTSIDE OUR CONTROL We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (Force Majeure Event).
A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control.
Our performance is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and we will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
- WAIVER If we fail, at any time during the term of this License, to insist upon strict performance of any of your obligations, or if we fail to exercise any of the rights or remedies to which we are entitled, this shall not constitute a waiver of such rights or remedies and shall not relieve you from compliance with such obligations.
A waiver by us of any default shall not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
No waiver by us of any of these terms and conditions shall be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in writing.
- ENTIRE AGREEMENT These terms and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the purchase of Training Courses, Training Materials and Documentation and supercede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
We each acknowledge that, in entering into these terms, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to entering into these terms, except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of entering into these terms (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party’s only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
- OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time.
You agree to these terms and conditions which will bind you and (if you are an employer) your employees or guardians.